Reception and Nursery
At Mount Nod we have two Reception classes, a morning nursery, an afternoon nursery and a nursery lunch club.
Click here for details of admissions.
Children in Reception and Nursery make full use of well planned and inspiring indoor and outdoor areas to enhance learning.
We follow the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum. Full details of the areas of learning and how Mount Nod delivers the curriculum can be found by clicking here.
This term the children's learning will be based around the topic of MINI-BEASTS.
Included in the term's activities will be:
- A mini-beast hunt
- Sorting and classifying
- Instructions for looking after mini-beasts
- Finding out about the life cycle of a butterfly
- Painting symmetrical butterflies
- Making modroc mini-beasts
- Creating webs with a variety of materials
- A garden centre role-play area
Other useful information about Foundation Stage
- Children in Reception classes have PE on a Friday.
- Children should bring a PE bag with shorts, T-shirt, and pumps that have all been clearly named. Nursery children have PE on Tuesdays.
- We encourage children to use the library. At present, RK use the library on a Tuesday and RS use the library on a Wednesday.
- Our “Show and Tell” day is Friday. Children are welcome to bring in something special to share with everyone.
- For details on homework, please see our homework page.
- Please send your child to school with a filled, named water bottle.
- Parents have the opportunity to look through their child’s Learning Journal every half term.
To see some of the wonderful work our children do in Foundation,
please visit the gallery.
Click here to access the information from the parents' workshop.
Click here to access the maths information from the workshop.