Year Three and Year Four
All subjects are taught in line with new National Curriculum expectations.
The teaching of maths, English and spelling takes place each morning.
Skills from these subjects are continually reinforced and in some cases taught explicitly throughout other subjects and times of the day. Science is taught weekly, with a focus on investigative work. This term's science work is plants and habitats.
Protective Behaviours is ongoing work that remains a priority at Mount Nod and is taught and continually reinforced in all year groups.
Other subjects are, wherever possible, taught through a topic.
At the moment, children in year three and year four are working on the topic of:
Some of the exciting learning opportunities planned for the children are:
- Keeping food diaries
- Investigating food groups and tasting foods
- Creating salads, fruit salads and BBQ meals
- Making powerpoints and databases, writing emails and blogs
- Working with foods and different art materials to create still life
- Exploring colour in food and making collages
Additionally, this term children will be learning about Islam in RE.
Physical activity is encouraged in all break times and PE lessons for the term will focus on athletics and striking and fielding. Again this term, PE lessons will be supported by Rising Stars.
Children in years 3 and 4 will carry on their studies in French. In music, they will continue to learn the recorder each week.
In PSHE the focus this term is Relationship and Sex education. Mount Nod follows Coventry guidelines on the teaching of RSE and parents are able to view the content of the programme in each year by clicking here.
Other useful information about Year Three and Year Four
Children should bring a PE bag with shorts, Mount Nod House T-shirt (provided by the PTA) and pumps for indoor PE and tracksuit bottoms, top and trainers for outdoor.
- Please ensure these are all clearly named.
- Please send your child to school with a filled, named water bottle.
- We encourage children to bring in a piece of fruit or raw vegetable for a playtime snack. Please note, chocolate, biscuits or crisps are not allowed at break.
- Click here to see how you can help your child at home and what homework is expected in year three and year four. Click here to find out more about Reading at Mount Nod.
- To see some of the wonderful work our children do in Year Three and Year Four, please visit the gallery.